Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue dots in photos

when I take pictures at night from a scarcely illuminated area to a brighter one, with artificial light sources (lamps) behind the object of the photo, several blue dots appear on the screen and in the pictures (see pics attached). The lenses are clean, the blue dots move in a strange pattern as I move before taking the picture. I went to an apple store, they kindly replaced my camera by the problem persist (see second picture taken after the camera replacement). This is my first iPhone and with my Samsung Galaxy 10 device nothing similar happened to me. Shall I switch back to Samsung? Should we all?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 3:28 AM

4 replies

Nov 25, 2021 3:37 AM in response to Landwolf1976

You have to remember the days when such a shot needed a big flash gun or a $5000 lens.

Now we have cameras that can take low light shots you have to remember that very strong light sources like that wall light will reflect around that big lens system.

Either avoid such situations, photoshop them out, or accept it is just a fact of physics.

Blue dots in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.