Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving calls from "Apple Inc" stating that iCloud has been breached. Is this valid?

I am constantly receiving calls stating that it is Apple and that my iCloud has been breached. I spoke to someone and asked him how did he know it was my account and that it was breached. He said the phone number should verify that he is from Apple. And that I am connected via Apple Care. When I requested verification from him, the line went dead. Is there a particular reason why so many calls are coming in now...?

iPhone 6, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 2:49 PM

It is a common scam and has been going on a long time -- they just got to you now. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2020 2:49 PM in response to yvettefromdorchester

It is a common scam and has been going on a long time -- they just got to you now. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

One option to consider is Settings > Phone > Silence Unknown Callers. See: Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Receiving calls from "Apple Inc" stating that iCloud has been breached. Is this valid?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.