Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic can't find Superior Drummer 3 files on External Drive

I moved my Superior Drummer 3 libraries to an external drive - the application works fine and finds them but when I run it as a plugin in Logic it can't.

I've rebuilt the Logic Cache and reinstalled the plugins but still the same issue. Any suggestions?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 5:03 AM

Okay - so I Googled it again and found a few You Tube video's of people moving their SD3 files to an external drive - all with no issues of course. One guy struck me though - for no reason - the fact that he put SD into another folder on his external drive made me think and I nested my SD folder into another one (Toontrack of course) - and lo and behold everything is fine now.

There is NO good reason why that should have made a difference - but it did so I'm not complaining.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 5:03 AM in response to jetset95

Okay - so I Googled it again and found a few You Tube video's of people moving their SD3 files to an external drive - all with no issues of course. One guy struck me though - for no reason - the fact that he put SD into another folder on his external drive made me think and I nested my SD folder into another one (Toontrack of course) - and lo and behold everything is fine now.

There is NO good reason why that should have made a difference - but it did so I'm not complaining.

Logic can't find Superior Drummer 3 files on External Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.