Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you need to relocate MAContent files when you move the Logic Sound Library to an external drive?

I'm in the process of moving my files to an external 4TB drive. I can see how easy it is to move the Sound Library HOWEVER, I came across this video that suggests there is another step that involves moving MAContent Systems files in order to prevent the problem of Logic trying to reinstall the library each time. This is the short video (2 1/2 min) - is this really necessary, or will all work fine just by doing the move from Logic's menu? Thanks. https://youtu.be/iuMe6G4oqD4

Posted on Oct 30, 2019 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2019 4:56 AM

No, the Relocate Sound Library command will work.

The video shows a "workaround" for a problem but the author doesn't explain the cause. It tries to trick the macOS Installation Receipts system. This can be a solution for specific situations only.

My advice: Never follow instructions from Youtube etc if you don't understand what you're doing.

Hope that helps,

WD

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2019 4:56 AM in response to imagine1957

No, the Relocate Sound Library command will work.

The video shows a "workaround" for a problem but the author doesn't explain the cause. It tries to trick the macOS Installation Receipts system. This can be a solution for specific situations only.

My advice: Never follow instructions from Youtube etc if you don't understand what you're doing.

Hope that helps,

WD

Do you need to relocate MAContent files when you move the Logic Sound Library to an external drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.