Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NVIDIA dedicated GPU bypassed on iMac 21.5 late 2013

Hello,

I'm on an iMac 21.5 late 2013 with a dedicated graphic card (NVIDIA GeForce GT750M), last version of Catalina installed.

I've just figured out that dedicated GPU is completely bypassed with any type of workload. I did not find any information about how MacOS handle integrated and dedicated GPU and how I can force the system to used dedicated one (if possible).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 1:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 4:51 AM

That doesn't sound right... I don't think the integrated GPU is even enabled on that model.

Go to Activity Monitor -> Window -> GPU History, and then do something that you think should use the GPU. Which GPU do you see listed? Does the GPU demanding task use it?

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 11, 2020 5:21 AM in response to padams35

Sorry I was checking GPU utilization from 3rd-part software (iStatistica Pro) and it stayed at 0% when integrated Iris Pro jumped to 90% or more.

Here GPU history screenshot during execution of World of Warcraft Classic:

It seems that Nvidia GPU is working, probably iStatistica Pro shows the wrong GPU.

Thanks for your support.

NVIDIA dedicated GPU bypassed on iMac 21.5 late 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.