Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get Apple News to load

I have an iPhone 8 Plus running iOS 13.7. Ever since the last update, Apple News will not load content. If I go to the Following tab the items I've followed and some news stories are there, but nothing for the main page. I've tried signing out of iCloud and back in, checking for updates (none available, I'm up to date), restarting the phone, but nothing helps. Any ideas?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 12:11 PM

Hello Sisqstitch.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that since updating your iPhone that the News app isn’t loading content in the Today section. We are happy to help.

Does this occur using Wi-Fi, cellular data, or both? If this occurs using Wi-Fi, we recommend trying another Wi-Fi network. We also recommend the steps here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support Are you able to use the Safari browser when connected to Wi-Fi and cellular data? If you’re unable to use with cellular data, please try the steps here: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you’re currently using VPN, we recommend that you uninstall it temporarily, so that we can see if this will help.

We look forward to the results.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 12:11 PM in response to Sisqstitch

Hello Sisqstitch.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that since updating your iPhone that the News app isn’t loading content in the Today section. We are happy to help.

Does this occur using Wi-Fi, cellular data, or both? If this occurs using Wi-Fi, we recommend trying another Wi-Fi network. We also recommend the steps here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support Are you able to use the Safari browser when connected to Wi-Fi and cellular data? If you’re unable to use with cellular data, please try the steps here: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you’re currently using VPN, we recommend that you uninstall it temporarily, so that we can see if this will help.

We look forward to the results.

Take care.

Can't get Apple News to load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.