Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain passwords

I cracked the back of my phone and have Apple care so went to Apple to get the phone replaced. I’d backed the phone up, the shop erased my old phone, and I started the new phone from the backup, but all my passwords stored in keychain have gone? Can I get them back? Keychain is on, but nothing is showing

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 1:55 PM

ElectricJ Said:

Keychain passwords: [...]I started the new phone from the backup, but all my passwords stored in keychain have gone? Can I get them back? Keychain is on, but nothing is showing

———-

Enable iCloud Keychain:

Use another device associated to your Apple Account. See if they are in your keychain on that device. If so, associate its keychain to the iCloud account.

Then enable iCloud Keychain on this iPhone, seeing if it all pops up.

Go Here: Set Up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 1:55 PM in response to ElectricJ

ElectricJ Said:

Keychain passwords: [...]I started the new phone from the backup, but all my passwords stored in keychain have gone? Can I get them back? Keychain is on, but nothing is showing

———-

Enable iCloud Keychain:

Use another device associated to your Apple Account. See if they are in your keychain on that device. If so, associate its keychain to the iCloud account.

Then enable iCloud Keychain on this iPhone, seeing if it all pops up.

Go Here: Set Up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Keychain passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.