Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xr frozen on enable dictation screen - can't turn off

My husband iphone XR pro is stuck on the enable dictation screen - and we can't turn it off. We can get the "power" button to come up - but it doesn't respond when we try to slide it off. The phone works, since I managed to call 911 by mistake....ugh. I tried rebooting from the computer, using itunes - but he never linked his phone to the account, so it isn't recognized.

And due to Covid- the Genius Bar is closed.

I even tried removing the sim card --- since the battery is charged nothing happened.

Any thoughts

Tig

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 8:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2020 10:52 PM

Try this:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, try restoring your phone:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

However, if you've never backed up your iPhone to a computer or iCloud, you will lose all your data.

Note that you don't need to link your phone to an account to restore your phone from a computer, you just need your computer to be up-to-date.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2020 10:52 PM in response to Tigrred

Try this:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, try restoring your phone:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

However, if you've never backed up your iPhone to a computer or iCloud, you will lose all your data.

Note that you don't need to link your phone to an account to restore your phone from a computer, you just need your computer to be up-to-date.

iphone xr frozen on enable dictation screen - can't turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.