Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone called me from Apple to tell me someone is trying to use my account, how do I know it’s apple

Someone called me from Apple to tell me someone tried to use my account, how do I know it’s Apple?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 12:28 PM

Farnott wrote:

Someone called me from Apple to tell me someone tried to use my account, how do I know it’s Apple?

Nope. Not Apple. If there’s an issue detected, Apple will lock you out of their servers, and force you to re-authenticate, or force you to call them to regain access.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Scams are endemic.

Enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, if that’s not already enabled. That’ll make it more difficult to wrest away control of your Apple ID.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 12:28 PM in response to Farnott

Farnott wrote:

Nope. Not Apple. If there’s an issue detected, Apple will lock you out of their servers, and force you to re-authenticate, or force you to call them to regain access.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Scams are endemic.

Enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, if that’s not already enabled. That’ll make it more difficult to wrest away control of your Apple ID.

Sep 25, 2020 1:29 PM in response to koral193

koral193 wrote:

I just got a call from AppleCare saying that my iCloud got breach from three non-locations

Nope.

Not Apple.

Scams are endemic. Dozens of these scam reports here per day, too. Dozens. Maybe hundreds.

If there’s an issue detected with your Apple ID, Apple will lock you out of their servers, and force you to re-authenticate, or force you to call them to regain access.

Apple will only call you if you have recently called them for help and have requested a callback.

Someone called me from Apple to tell me someone is trying to use my account, how do I know it’s apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.