Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m trying to set up control on my daughters phone and I cannot figure it out. I was able to add her to the family sharing, but when I go into the screen time, I do not have the options to choose from

I’m trying to set up family sharing so I can have control on my daughter’s phone, but I cannot figure it out. I did add her but when I go into the screen time it won’t give me any options

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 7:24 PM

4 replies

Sep 13, 2020 12:10 AM in response to danimicmic

Hi, you can check these resources: Set up Family Sharing

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

From the second resource, scroll down to the bottom which shows "Use Screen Time with your family":

If you're already in a family group, go to Settings > Screen Time, and tap your child's name. If you need to create an Apple ID for your child, go to Settings > [your name] > Family Sharing > Screen Time.

Or if you're new to Family Sharing, tap Set up Screen Time for Family and follow the instructions to add a child and set up your family. You can add family members any time from Family Sharing settings.

Hope that helps!

Sep 12, 2020 8:05 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thank you for that, but it’s still not working. When I go into screen time from settings then the Apple ID where I have my family sharing, it’s asking me to add my child, but it’s already added and it won’t let me pass that. If I go into screen time from settings, it doesn’t give me the option to choose my child’s device.. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong

I’m trying to set up control on my daughters phone and I cannot figure it out. I was able to add her to the family sharing, but when I go into the screen time, I do not have the options to choose from

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.