Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keeping order of exported photos onto flash drive

I exported a large group of trip photos from Photos onto my flash drive. They are completely out of order from what they were in before--in Photos. Is there a way to keep them in order when they are exported? I have over 1000 and that would be pretty tedious to figure out how to order them. Thank you for your help.

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2020 11:05 PM

Photos has more options for ordering the images than the Finder does. The most simple way to keep the order is

Create an Album in Photos with the images you want

Put them in the order you want

Export them in a batch; File -> Export

In the export dialogue, under filename select Sequential

Your files will be exported with a sequential number filename, allowing you to sort of Filename in the Finder, and preserve your order.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2020 11:05 PM in response to LJSMAC

Photos has more options for ordering the images than the Finder does. The most simple way to keep the order is

Create an Album in Photos with the images you want

Put them in the order you want

Export them in a batch; File -> Export

In the export dialogue, under filename select Sequential

Your files will be exported with a sequential number filename, allowing you to sort of Filename in the Finder, and preserve your order.

Keeping order of exported photos onto flash drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.