Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing IPhone 8 to IPad Air 2

Ever since I had my IPad, I was able to pair it to any iPhone I had including my current iPhone 8. One day it just disconnected and now when I try to pair it when they are both side by side, all I get is a pop up window say “ Connection Unsuccessful. Make sure iPad is turned on and in range”. Any suggestions?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:43 AM

Hi Dmsteiner,

We're glad you've reached out through Apple Support Communities for help with your iPad Air and iPhone. We're certainly glad to help in any way we can!

Are you attempting to pair the devices in Settings > Bluetooth? If so, rest assured - this is totally the expected behavior. Your iPad and iPhone don't pair through the Bluetooth options in Settings.

Depending on what you're hoping to accomplish, there are different, simpler methods to communicate wirelessly between devices. For example, if you're looking to transfer files or content from one device to the other, you may used AirDrop. Here's a guide with the steps:

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're signed into the same iCloud account on both devices, they can also sync other content and features automatically, using Continuity. This Knowledge Base article goes over all of the features of Continuity:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch

We're here for you if you've got any questions!

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 7:43 AM in response to Dmsteiner

Hi Dmsteiner,

We're glad you've reached out through Apple Support Communities for help with your iPad Air and iPhone. We're certainly glad to help in any way we can!

Are you attempting to pair the devices in Settings > Bluetooth? If so, rest assured - this is totally the expected behavior. Your iPad and iPhone don't pair through the Bluetooth options in Settings.

Depending on what you're hoping to accomplish, there are different, simpler methods to communicate wirelessly between devices. For example, if you're looking to transfer files or content from one device to the other, you may used AirDrop. Here's a guide with the steps:

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're signed into the same iCloud account on both devices, they can also sync other content and features automatically, using Continuity. This Knowledge Base article goes over all of the features of Continuity:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch

We're here for you if you've got any questions!

Take care.

Pairing IPhone 8 to IPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.