Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro wrong name

I recently bought my boyfriend brand new AirPod pros directly from the Apple website, sent via fedex directly from China. When he opened the box (wraparound plastic) and connected them to his phone and computer they come up as “Mary’s Airpods” his name is not Mary. Why does it have the wrong name? Is this a sign that these “new” airpods were actually previously owned?

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 2:38 PM

Hello,

Hmm, some people have complained about that. If they work OK, I wouldn't worry too much. See this to change the name:

1. Place the connected AirPods in your ears and open the cover of the charging case
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and select the circled “i” next to your AirPods
  3. Change the name or anything else on the screen
  4. For more detail: Adjust the settings of your AirPods

Good luck.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2020 2:38 PM in response to Tryingtofigureitout100

Hello,

Hmm, some people have complained about that. If they work OK, I wouldn't worry too much. See this to change the name:

1. Place the connected AirPods in your ears and open the cover of the charging case
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and select the circled “i” next to your AirPods
  3. Change the name or anything else on the screen
  4. For more detail: Adjust the settings of your AirPods

Good luck.

Sep 13, 2020 5:04 PM in response to MrBill3

Thank you for the reply. We are aware that we can change the name, more concerning is that they already have a name programmed in.

Seeing as there is a finite life to the battery of the AirPods, if they were previously used, we may not notice right away, but a couple months into use.

I am confused by this answer, are you an apple support representative? I would like an explanation as to why someone else’s name is programmed in. Or some sort of proof that these are indeed new AirPods.

thank you

AirPods Pro wrong name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.