Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone won't start

My iPhone 11+ won't start? what do I do?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 8:36 AM

7 replies

Oct 26, 2020 12:00 PM in response to Justlearning1

Justlearning1 wrote: "My iPhone 7 froze one day..."

Shutting down can be a symptom of a battery in need of replacement:

"...The power management system determines the capability of the battery to supply this power, and manages the loads in order to maintain operations. When the operations can no longer be supported with the full capabilities of the power management system, the system will perform a shutdown to preserve these electronic components. While this shutdown is intentional from the device perspective, it may be unexpected by the user." [Source: Apple]

If the battery of your iPhone 7 is the original one, it quite likely needs replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.

õ¿õ¬

Oct 25, 2020 1:51 AM in response to LD150

My iPhone 7 froze one day. So naturally I powered it off and then turned it back on. Or at least I tried to turn it back on. It will not come on. The Apple logo comes up and goes away and then comes back and it repeats. Then I connected my phone to PC and attempted to update or restore. But neither one would work. I took it to a repair place and they couldn’t fix it either. Called Apple support and they told me to hard reset it but of course I had already tried that. Anyways. The phone and screen are not broken and I just can’t figure out why it just stopped. A phone store employee told me that the 8 and below are not equipped to handle the updates and it just stops working. But I’m hoping eventually I’ll figure it out.

Phone won't start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.