Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SCREEN TIME PASS CODE WONT RESET

I forgot my screen time passcode and have been trying to reset it but every time i put in my apple id with the right password it just counts it as a failed attempt and resets the lockout timer back to 60mins.

I hope there's a way around this bug without me having to factory reset my whole phone as i have important data on this phone

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 8:46 PM

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Are you using the same Apple ID that was used when setting up Screen Time?

If that fails, reset your device, back up for safety and for options, wipe the device and re-install iOS, and then set up as new. You cannot restore a backup here, as that’ll restore the screen time passcode.

Most folks learn about the necessity for backups. Sometimes by losing data, unfortunately.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 8:46 PM in response to Johnayyew

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Are you using the same Apple ID that was used when setting up Screen Time?

If that fails, reset your device, back up for safety and for options, wipe the device and re-install iOS, and then set up as new. You cannot restore a backup here, as that’ll restore the screen time passcode.

Most folks learn about the necessity for backups. Sometimes by losing data, unfortunately.

Sep 30, 2020 5:27 AM in response to Johnayyew

Johnayyew wrote:

I cant factoey reset either because it i need to enter the screen time lock aswell

Factory reset does not involve the screen time passcode.

Click on the following for the screen time password reset: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

This (preferred) screen time reset requires the use of 13.4 or later, and requires the associated Apple ID, and does not require the screen time passcode.

If the screen time passcode reset is on the child’s device within Family Sharing, the reset must happen on the organizer’s device. If using Family Sharing and resetting a child’s screen time passcode, the reset cannot happen on the child’s device.

If the above sequence fails or devices here are running iOS prior to 13.4, you will be performing a factory reset, without a restore; a set-up-as-new reset.

Click on the following for the factory reset: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

There are links within the latter factory-reset article around performing a backup. While a backup is advisable, the backup cannot be restored here as a restore will also restore the screen time passcode. You must reset and set up as new, if the screen time passcode reset does not work.

If issues persist, click on the following to: contact Apple Support.

SCREEN TIME PASS CODE WONT RESET

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.