Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13.7 breaks screen brightness control

Since my iPad Pro auto updated to iOS 13.7 I’m unable to change screen brightness. I’ve tried in settings, in the hot menu and after restart.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 11:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:20 AM

Hello Zemble53,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities in regards to your issue with your ability to adjust your brightness. Answering the following questions will allow us to better provide you with the most efficient guidance:

Is the issue that the screen won't adjust its brightness at all?

Or is the device set at its dimmest/brightest setting and it still seems too dim/ bright?

For more information or to check if your device is configured properly please refer to: Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPad

Be well!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 9:20 AM in response to zemble53

Hello Zemble53,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities in regards to your issue with your ability to adjust your brightness. Answering the following questions will allow us to better provide you with the most efficient guidance:

Is the issue that the screen won't adjust its brightness at all?

Or is the device set at its dimmest/brightest setting and it still seems too dim/ bright?

For more information or to check if your device is configured properly please refer to: Adjust the screen brightness and color on iPad

Be well!

Sep 17, 2020 4:14 AM in response to 19VV255

I had the same issue after it auto updated. It was unresponsive to brightness controls. Found an older post from an earlier release update that suggested rebooting and that fixed the ability to control the brightness from control dock and Settings/brightness. This release, however, seems to have removed the Warm control in Settings/brightness, which I always liked for eye fatigue.

13.7 breaks screen brightness control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.