📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I choose which payment method to use for iTunes / App Store purchases?

I have several payment methods saved in my account (Settings > My Name > iTunes & App Store > View Apple ID > Manage Payments) but I don’t want to use the same method for every purchase. How can I choose which one to use prior to making a purchase?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:19 AM

Hey inklingofperfection,

We understand you're needing help prioritizing your payment methods for use on your Apple ID. We'll be happy to assist.

"Change the order of your payment methods:

Tap Edit, then use the move order icon to rearrange your payment methods. Apple will attempt to charge payment methods in order from top to bottom. You can't change the order in which Apple ID balance is charged."

For more info, check out:

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 14, 2020 9:19 AM in response to inklingofperfection

Hey inklingofperfection,

We understand you're needing help prioritizing your payment methods for use on your Apple ID. We'll be happy to assist.

"Change the order of your payment methods:

Tap Edit, then use the move order icon to rearrange your payment methods. Apple will attempt to charge payment methods in order from top to bottom. You can't change the order in which Apple ID balance is charged."

For more info, check out:

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods

Take care!

How can I choose which payment method to use for iTunes / App Store purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.