Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My friends iPhone has gotten hacked

My friends phone has gotten hacked and it’s giving her 2 minutes to download this app with a credit card and she can’t download it or any of that and it notified her saying she has 11 viruses.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 4:06 PM

The message is a scam. All such messages are scams. Never, never, never download an app based on such a bogus message.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

4 replies

Sep 13, 2020 4:18 PM in response to Miaaaaa15

Miaaaaa15 Said:

"My friends phone has gotten hacked and it’s giving her 2 minutes to download this app with a credit card and she can’t download it or any of that and it notified her saying she has 11 viruses."

-------

That's a scam.

Apple would never send out such a text. That is a scam. And, having interacted with this message, most certainly have her consider performing the following:

Modify Apple Credentials:

Oct 5, 2020 8:56 AM in response to amelie113

Your problem is completely different. You somehow installed a rogue calendar, probably accepting a “free” offer in an app or on a website.

iOS 13 or earlier: Go to Settings/Passwords & Accounts, scroll down to Subscribed Calendars, tap on the offender and delete it

iOS 14: Go to Settings/Calendar/Accounts and delete it under Subscribed Calendars

My friends iPhone has gotten hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.