Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad

Hello, So my mom's birthday is coming up real soon and I wanted to buy her a new ipad. I was wondering if it's possible to buy the ipad first and then trade in her old one? It still works and nothing's wrong with. I don't want to let her know I'm doing this. I know this question sounds weird but just curious.

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 4:39 PM

Well, you have some choices.

• (In the U.S.): If you choose to use Apple’s BuyBack program, it would work like this:
    • You would order the new iPad and submit the details of the trade-in iPad.
    • You would be shown a full price, and a trade-in offer price, assuming you provided accurate details about the trade.
    • Once the new iPad was prepared for shipment, your payment method would be charged the full new iPad price.
    • At roughly the same time, the third party that will accept the trade-in would send you shipping material.
    • After the trade-in is received and inspected by the third party, the payment method you used to buy the new iPad would be reimbursed for the trade-in value.
  • Or, at any later time of your choosing, you may use Apple’s program to submit the old iPad for Apple Gift Card credit to be used on future purchases.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2020 4:39 PM in response to Evieduff

Well, you have some choices.

• (In the U.S.): If you choose to use Apple’s BuyBack program, it would work like this:
    • You would order the new iPad and submit the details of the trade-in iPad.
    • You would be shown a full price, and a trade-in offer price, assuming you provided accurate details about the trade.
    • Once the new iPad was prepared for shipment, your payment method would be charged the full new iPad price.
    • At roughly the same time, the third party that will accept the trade-in would send you shipping material.
    • After the trade-in is received and inspected by the third party, the payment method you used to buy the new iPad would be reimbursed for the trade-in value.
  • Or, at any later time of your choosing, you may use Apple’s program to submit the old iPad for Apple Gift Card credit to be used on future purchases.

I pad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.