Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2: need Youtube Capture ver. 2.0.2

YouTube Capture is a video app from Google that allows the recording and uploading to YouTube directly from an iPhone or iPad running iOS 5 and above.

The latest iOS ver. for my iPad2 is 9.3.5 which has challenges with newer apps. Since the earlier version of the app written for any earlier iOS were functional, all I need is a download access to this particular app.

Could anybody help?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 4:23 AM

Compatible Apps for older model of iPad, such as your iPad2, are increasingly difficult to find. Third-party developers are increasingly dropping support for older versions of iOS preceding iOS11/12/13.

As older versions of Apps are removed from the Apple App Store, you’ll not be able to (re)download or install them - which may severely limit the usefulness and utility of your iPad. If you should you ever need reset or restore your iPad, Apps that were present on your iPad will be permanently lost.

Your plea for assistance with obtaining any particular App is entirely pointless. All App downloads from the App Store are digitally signed - and will only work with the device to which the download was made. As such, even if someone were to have an “archived” copy of the App, it wouldn’t work with your device.

As such, if you want or need to access to Apps that are not available for your device - or need access to current Apps requiring more recent versions of iOS - you’ll have no alternative other than to consider replacement of your very old iPad with a newer or current model.

I hope this explanation is helpful in providing clarity as to the technical limitations of your iPad - and those of Apps sourced from the Apple App Store.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 4:23 AM in response to cheebase

Compatible Apps for older model of iPad, such as your iPad2, are increasingly difficult to find. Third-party developers are increasingly dropping support for older versions of iOS preceding iOS11/12/13.

As older versions of Apps are removed from the Apple App Store, you’ll not be able to (re)download or install them - which may severely limit the usefulness and utility of your iPad. If you should you ever need reset or restore your iPad, Apps that were present on your iPad will be permanently lost.

Your plea for assistance with obtaining any particular App is entirely pointless. All App downloads from the App Store are digitally signed - and will only work with the device to which the download was made. As such, even if someone were to have an “archived” copy of the App, it wouldn’t work with your device.

As such, if you want or need to access to Apps that are not available for your device - or need access to current Apps requiring more recent versions of iOS - you’ll have no alternative other than to consider replacement of your very old iPad with a newer or current model.

I hope this explanation is helpful in providing clarity as to the technical limitations of your iPad - and those of Apps sourced from the Apple App Store.

Sep 13, 2020 7:37 PM in response to babowa

Thanks for the reply, sir/madam! ...other than babowa I don't need to know more about you. :-)

No, this is not an illegal iPad and not jailbroken. Furthermore, the app is not illegal, it was a useful piece of software sold in App Store. I would only like to marry the two old fogies... they were made for each other. :-)

iPad 2: need Youtube Capture ver. 2.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.