Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

suggest one good video player for windows PC to play the videos from iphone 12pro

I request you to kindly suggest me one video player to play the clips on Windows 10 recorded on iPhone 12pro .

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 9:03 PM

iPhone 12 Pro can be set to export photos and videos in formats compatible with the support available in Windows.

Details: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support (includes how to switch to exporting older formats.)

It is also possible to convert files and formats.

H.264 and H.265 HEVC support is probably most easily available via VLC on Microsoft Windows.

I’m mildly surprised Microsoft hasn’t updated and integrated their CODEC support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 9:03 PM in response to ghanifrombijapur

iPhone 12 Pro can be set to export photos and videos in formats compatible with the support available in Windows.

Details: Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple devices - Apple Support (includes how to switch to exporting older formats.)

It is also possible to convert files and formats.

H.264 and H.265 HEVC support is probably most easily available via VLC on Microsoft Windows.

I’m mildly surprised Microsoft hasn’t updated and integrated their CODEC support.

suggest one good video player for windows PC to play the videos from iphone 12pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.