Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not receive collect call from jail.

I bought my iphone 11 and made an apple account and my ex got into my account so I erased my phone and created a new apple account. He had also got into that account. Then my son was arrested and was able to call me. Once I figured out he was in my phone/apps/email etc.. I took that account off of my phone and reset it putting the 1st account that I had created back in my phone. Since I have done this my son has not been able to call me. So I’m not sure if it’s blocked somehow from the reset or switching accounts back and forth but something has changed it for sure.

I have a few questions.

how do I get him out of my phone because it doesn’t seem to matter what I do he is in my phone. His brother has a Mac and is very good at IT stuff and hacking etc.. so they know what they are doing without being noticeable. I know it sounds far fetched but it’s most definitely facts.

How do I get my phone back to where I can receive collect calls? They are prepaid calls as well.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Sep 13, 2020 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 3:48 PM

Hello melissabaker40,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having some issues with your iPhone and also collect calls. We'd like to do what we can to help out.

For the issue with not being able to accept collect calls, you'll need to contact your cellular carrier. Let them also know the message the caller receives, so they can check into why this is happening.

For the other issue, it's extremely rare, if not impossible to "hack" an iPhone. Unless, your iPhone has been jailbroken, which means you've installed some unauthorized software. Even if so, we can help you to remove that.

You'll also want to only use one Apple ID, and you'll need to change that password. Do not give anyone the new password. Apple will never call and ask for that type of information. Here are the steps to change your Apple ID password: Change your Apple ID password

Even though you may not want to restore a backup on your iPhone, you should still make a back up: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Next, you're going to need to use a computer and restore the iOS on your iPhone. This will remove everything from your iPhone, and reinstall the iOS from Apple's server. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Select to set up your iPhone as new and only use the Apple ID which you changed the password for.

Make a new passcode when prompted, either 4 or 6 digits, and again, do not give that to anyone. Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Set up the Face ID also, so your iPhone is secure. Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro

If you have any information synced to iCloud with that Apple ID, it will sync that information back when you sign in.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 3:48 PM in response to melissabaker40

Hello melissabaker40,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having some issues with your iPhone and also collect calls. We'd like to do what we can to help out.

For the issue with not being able to accept collect calls, you'll need to contact your cellular carrier. Let them also know the message the caller receives, so they can check into why this is happening.

For the other issue, it's extremely rare, if not impossible to "hack" an iPhone. Unless, your iPhone has been jailbroken, which means you've installed some unauthorized software. Even if so, we can help you to remove that.

You'll also want to only use one Apple ID, and you'll need to change that password. Do not give anyone the new password. Apple will never call and ask for that type of information. Here are the steps to change your Apple ID password: Change your Apple ID password

Even though you may not want to restore a backup on your iPhone, you should still make a back up: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Next, you're going to need to use a computer and restore the iOS on your iPhone. This will remove everything from your iPhone, and reinstall the iOS from Apple's server. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Select to set up your iPhone as new and only use the Apple ID which you changed the password for.

Make a new passcode when prompted, either 4 or 6 digits, and again, do not give that to anyone. Use a passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Set up the Face ID also, so your iPhone is secure. Use Face ID on your iPhone or iPad Pro

If you have any information synced to iCloud with that Apple ID, it will sync that information back when you sign in.

Take care!

Can not receive collect call from jail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.