Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store access

When I try to access the App Store I get the message "turn on mobile data or use Wi-Fi to access the Store" Mobile data IS turned on.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 12:19 AM

7 replies

Sep 14, 2020 12:41 AM in response to peterfromchisholm

Mobile data may be turned on and WiFi may be turned on but do you have internet?

Connecting to Wifi is first part and then getting connected to Internet is the second

1. If you are connected to a Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem of iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact you ISP immediately
  3. Same is true for Mobile Data:- Turning on is first part getting connected to internet is second. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of your Carrier / Network / Data Balance. Contact you ISP immediately

Sep 14, 2020 6:41 PM in response to SravanKrA

I no longer have an ADSL modem with a fixed line connection. I use the iPhone as a hotspot for my laptop or desktop computers and they all work fine - I can access the internet with any computer using the hotspot function of the iPhone. The iPhone will access the internet with either Safari or Chrome. Why does the App Store app insist on a wifi connection even though it says mobile data must be turned on and it is turned on? It does not make sense to ask for a function it already has access to.

OK - the phone goes on to the internet; I can use it as a hotspot for other devices to access the internet; and, I can access the internet with either Safari or Chrome but not the App Store .

If I want to access the App Store I have to get my wife to turn wifi on on her phone and use it as a gateway to access the internet.

How can I access the internet if my wife's phone is not available?

App Store access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.