Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps with extensions that won't work after Catalina

Why doesn't my Mac tell me which apps that I have are causing this message so that I know which developers to contact?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 2:09 PM

Start by deleting the three HP .kext files. You certainly don't need them, even if you are using an HP printer.

AppleMobileDevice is old and not used any more. It will probably be removed in the next macOS upgrade anyway. Leave it alone for now.

I don't know what SSIODriver is, but perhaps someone else does.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 2:09 PM in response to mef3347

Start by deleting the three HP .kext files. You certainly don't need them, even if you are using an HP printer.

AppleMobileDevice is old and not used any more. It will probably be removed in the next macOS upgrade anyway. Leave it alone for now.

I don't know what SSIODriver is, but perhaps someone else does.

Sep 14, 2020 6:00 AM in response to mef3347

The reason is that a number of different products from different developers can use the same Extensions.

Determine which extensions are installed on your Mac, and then post them in a reply. They are located at /Library/Extensions/

Someone here is likely to help you identify the product using them.

Refer to the following Discussion: Legacy System Extensions

Kurt Lang wrote:

These ten are installed by macOS Catalina by default:

ACS6x.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
SoftRAID.kext

Describe the additional Extensions you installed on that Mac.

Apps with extensions that won't work after Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.