Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stopping " from being an accent modifier

Hey,

I have a new macbook pro using English/Norwegian inputs on a Norwegian physical keyboard layout. Every time I use the character " in both English & Norwegian it waits for the next key to figure out whether I'm using it for adding accents, and I want to stop that behavior. Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 7:28 AM

It sounds like you have the input source called "US International PC" activated by mistake. Go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources and remove that one from your list. Instead use US or ABC. (US international pc is a special layout intended for some former Windows users who like the behavior which is causing problems for you).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 7:28 AM in response to audVOCI

It sounds like you have the input source called "US International PC" activated by mistake. Go to system preferences > keyboard > input sources and remove that one from your list. Instead use US or ABC. (US international pc is a special layout intended for some former Windows users who like the behavior which is causing problems for you).

Stopping " from being an accent modifier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.