Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t update my Apple Watch.

I can’t update my Apple Watch 1st generation, after i reset it.

The is a notice that ask me to update my phone to latest version, but My phone already up to date.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 8:07 AM

Hey there, Darrel Lee.

We understand your having some issues with pairing your Apple Watch to your companion iPhone as you're getting prompted to update your iPhone, but it's already up to date.

Is your iPhone running iOS 13? Which version of watchOS is your Apple Watch using? If your iPhone is running iOS 13, you should be able to pair your watch if its watchOS version is 4.3.2.

If your watch is not yet running this version, it may be possible to pair the watch to another phone that is using iOS 12 or earlier. Then you should be able to update the watch to the latest version of software it is compatible with. Then you can unpair, and re-pair to your phone.

If that doesn't work for you, please contact support for additional options: Get Support

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 8:07 AM in response to Darrel Lee

Hey there, Darrel Lee.

We understand your having some issues with pairing your Apple Watch to your companion iPhone as you're getting prompted to update your iPhone, but it's already up to date.

Is your iPhone running iOS 13? Which version of watchOS is your Apple Watch using? If your iPhone is running iOS 13, you should be able to pair your watch if its watchOS version is 4.3.2.

If your watch is not yet running this version, it may be possible to pair the watch to another phone that is using iOS 12 or earlier. Then you should be able to update the watch to the latest version of software it is compatible with. Then you can unpair, and re-pair to your phone.

If that doesn't work for you, please contact support for additional options: Get Support

Take care!

I can’t update my Apple Watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.