Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove GoSearch9

GoSearch9 is appearing again and again after successful removal. Is there any way to abolish it completely? It creates lot of problems for safari search engine. The search results are are different from the actual content. Please help me to sort it out.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 8:08 AM

3 replies

Sep 15, 2020 8:46 AM in response to tirthankar18

Hello tirthankar18,

It sounds as though you're having issues removing GoSearch9 from your Mac. We know how important it is to remove unwanted softwares. To clarify, when you're deleting GoSearch9 are you also emptying the trash after moving it there?

Also, have you verified that it's not an extension installed in Safari? You can view, and manage extensions using the steps outlined in the following article.

How to install Safari extensions on your Mac

If you've removed the extension, or it doesn't appear there can you let us know if GoSearch9 is taking place of Google or your preferred search engine? If so, you can verify your search engine settings by opening Safari, clicking Safari in the top menu bar where File, Edit, and View is shown, then click on Preferences in the drop down. In preferences click Search, then make sure the Search Engine is on the desired settings.

Have a great week.

Sep 26, 2020 9:35 AM in response to i_rina

I have the exact same issue. I'm using safari and gosearch9 keeps coming back as a safari extension. I remove the extension every time and delete the app and all related files (i type gosearch9 on finder and delete everything related) and empty my trash bin every single time. It usually goes away for a few days-weeks but pops back randomly. GoSearch9 has been back for >10 in the past few months already and it's really getting a bit annoying. Is there anything we can do to permanently delete this bus? Thank you so much for the help!

PS my preferred search engine is google. It always hijacks my google.

Sep 26, 2020 2:00 PM in response to tirthankar18

You may  have adware/malware installed. Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware. The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After running the scans, restart the computer.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later.       

Web site for download   https://www.malwarebytes.com

How to remove GoSearch9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.