Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch not tracking distance accurately

My Apple Watch recently has had issues resetting during workouts -- stopping in the middle of a run, for instance. It is also not recording distances accurately. In a certified 10K (6.2-mile) run, when I hit the 1-mile mark, the watch showed 0.88 miles and subsequent mile markers were also much different than shown on the watch; by the end of a 6.2-mile run, the watch showed 5.75 miles. Any ideas on a fix, please? Thanks

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Oct 17, 2020 9:33 AM in response to First Magus

I am having the same problem. I have gone through the calibration process 2x already and it does not work. It gets you close but then the next time you are out, I am back to being way off. I have compared the distance to 2 known distances. Markers on the trail and my iPhone. Both of those are within 0.1miles. My Iwatch 4 with gps is over 1mile off in a 6.3mile walk!!! This has probably been going on since I have had my watch. I have only now been checking against a running and cycling app where I found the difference.

please help.

Apple watch not tracking distance accurately

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.