Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 15" 2018 unhealthy battery

Hi guys, my first post on the forums.

I purchased a MacBook Pro on 2017 (if I remember correctly) in the US , and had a ton of display issues, etc. I actually live in Uruguay so I returned with the laptop (of course). After going through all the warranty process (numerous contacts with representatives, resetting everything, sent back to the US to Apple repair center, received it back, realized the issue was still there) I managed to get a replacement which was the 2018 model. What is more, the replacement was just the laptop (I still have my original charger, cable & box).

As my first Apple product can't say I'm not disappointed, even more considering the price tag.

Now I have seen that the system states my battery is in poor health condition. Below is the Battery Information given by System Report.

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 5980

Fully Charged: Yes

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 6054

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 111

Condition: Service Recommended

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 12640

As you can see the cycle count isn't too high, and the laptop only has about 2 years of use!

Anyone else having similar issues?

I would certainly like Apple to see into this.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:26 AM

Your battery needs replacing, unfortunately. Apple charges US$199 here, not sure locally for you.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 17, 2020 12:45 PM in response to maxipalay

I'm really starting to get worried. A couple days ago I heard the laptop make a popping sound, as if the battery was fighting the casing.

Today the same happened but I was using it, so I felt it. It was quite scary.

As I have said, laptop is only around (little less than) two years old!

Can't believe apple won't take responsibility for something that is obviously wrong from the beginning. I had to fight the first time to get them to respond. I guess it's just how the company responds, so I will begin a journey to get them to hear me once again.

MacBook Pro 15" 2018 unhealthy battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.