Macbook Air M1 battery health dropped to 35% in 2 years, Total charging cycle is 497.

Subject: MacBook Air M1 (2020) Battery Health Complaint

Dear [Customer Support],

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep concern regarding the battery health of my MacBook Air M1 (2020) that I purchased on March 26, 2021.

In recent months, I have noticed a distressing issue with my laptop's battery health. Despite adhering to recommended charging practices and taking utmost care of my device, the battery health has plummeted to a mere 35%. This sharp decline is especially disconcerting given the relatively low cycle count of 497.

This unexpected battery health deterioration has had a tangible impact on my daily usage. The reduced battery life has led to frequent recharges, disrupting my work and productivity. This situation has become increasingly inconvenient as someone who relies heavily on my MacBook Air for various tasks.

I kindly request your immediate attention to this matter. I believe that battery health of 35% after just 497 cycles is far from the quality and performance I expect from an Apple product. I kindly urge you to investigate this issue thoroughly and provide a suitable resolution. Whether that involves battery replacement or any other necessary steps, I trust that your team will take appropriate action to rectify this situation.

I am truly disappointed that my MacBook Air, a device I invested in with high expectations, is exhibiting such a critical problem. I look forward to your prompt response and a satisfactory resolution that restores my laptop's battery health and overall functionality.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Harish.

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 12:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2023 12:52 AM

We are not apple support. we are apple customers trying to help eachother. With a battery health of 35% and an important battery message showing, I reccommend seeking service for your battery. Please Contact - Official Apple Support to get support on this issue

Similar questions

2 replies

Macbook Air M1 battery health dropped to 35% in 2 years, Total charging cycle is 497.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.