Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple id was taken over by someone in Japan who started purchasing things on 9/10/20. I cannot seem to change back my info to United States. I did delete their devices off my account and change my password and apple id email.

My apple id was taken over by someone in Japan who started purchasing things on 9/10/20. I cannot seem to change back my info to United States. I did delete their devices off my account and change my password and apple id email. BUt how can I remove their country? These directions did not work:

From your Apple ID account page

1. Sign in to your Apple ID account page
  2. Scroll to the Account section, then click Edit. 
  3. From the Country/Region menu, select your new country or region.
  4. When asked if you want to change your country or region, click "Continue to update." 
  5. Enter your new payment information and your billing address, then click Save. You have to enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.1

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 11:54 AM

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

2 replies

My apple id was taken over by someone in Japan who started purchasing things on 9/10/20. I cannot seem to change back my info to United States. I did delete their devices off my account and change my password and apple id email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.