Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an iMessage app for PC Windows 10 yet?

Servers/Datacom

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 12:24 PM

8 replies

Jan 21, 2021 9:04 AM in response to JenHammond

JenHammond wrote:

Apple, how can lifelong customers who use all your devices in their family, seamlessly integrate apps when we are required to use Windows product either at work or at school? (My kids were given Chromebooks for home schooling and they are horrid).

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple isn't reading here for suggestions. You can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Oct 22, 2020 2:58 PM in response to razmee209

Come on Apple. I know you want me to buy a Mac, but it's not gonna happen!! I am an recurring iPhone and iPad buyer (developer and family) and just got an Apple watch to give it a whirl - but I am a long term Windows user (and that's not going to change). Having to default to FaceBook Messenger or others during the day is a pain in the @ss. Also your letting me down on overall security (one of the reasons I have kept with you so far).

Don't you want to keep me as a customer long term???

Oct 22, 2020 3:07 PM in response to jfree1000

jfree1000 wrote:

Come on Apple. I know you want me to buy a Mac, but it's not gonna happen!! I am an recurring iPhone and iPad buyer (developer and family) and just got an Apple watch to give it a whirl - but I am a long term Windows user (and that's not going to change). Having to default to FaceBook Messenger or others during the day is a pain in the @ss. Also your letting me down on overall security (one of the reasons I have kept with you so far).

Don't you want to keep me as a customer long term???

IT is 2 totally different operating system. IF you have an iphone, ipad and watch then use imessage on those devices.

Jan 21, 2021 9:00 AM in response to ppdemolina2

I have a Macbook Air, a Pro, two of the big desktop computers, an iPad, four iPhones, an apple watch, but at my office I have to work in Windows. It would be amazingly helpful to load the iMessage app onto this computer so I could cut and paste information into my text messages, instead of having to retype it on my phone or also have my Air open just for iMessages. I am a devoted Apple user, everything is intuitive and works perfectly, but I have no control over this large company's technology and it's just one more step that trips me up, having to use Windows, on double screens, with a computer and a port station - it's a pain in the neck to also have a third screen on my desk just to iMessage. :(

If there is no app for Windows for iMessage, there seem to be some third party work arounds but I don't know if any are trustworthy and am hesitant to load one onto my company computer.

Apple, how can lifelong customers who use all your devices in their family, seamlessly integrate apps when we are required to use Windows product either at work or at school? (My kids were given Chromebooks for home schooling and they are horrid).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.