Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

US Apple TV Account - Use In Europe

If I get a US Apple TV account while visiting the US, will I be able to use this same account when I return home to Denmark? Or, will I need to create a new Danish account when I arrive back home?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 12:23 AM

With a US account, you will need a US billing address and payment method, and you get access to the US App Store for US apps, and access to the US iTunes Store for US content.

With a Danish account, you will need a Danish billing address and payment method, and you get access to the Danish App Store for Danish apps, and access to the Danish iTunes Store for Danish content.

You can change the region of an account, but it requires canceling all subscriptions. If you make purchases for content or apps, then those may not work after the change. Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

If you set up two accounts, then those will stay separated forever.

So it largely depends on the duration of your stay if it is worth the trouble to set up a US account at all.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 12:23 AM in response to Blimpilot

With a US account, you will need a US billing address and payment method, and you get access to the US App Store for US apps, and access to the US iTunes Store for US content.

With a Danish account, you will need a Danish billing address and payment method, and you get access to the Danish App Store for Danish apps, and access to the Danish iTunes Store for Danish content.

You can change the region of an account, but it requires canceling all subscriptions. If you make purchases for content or apps, then those may not work after the change. Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

If you set up two accounts, then those will stay separated forever.

So it largely depends on the duration of your stay if it is worth the trouble to set up a US account at all.

US Apple TV Account - Use In Europe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.