Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off FaceTime ringtone on iPad

I don't need my three devices ringing at the same time but I do need them to be able to answer on each device, so simply turning off FaceTime for a device to turn off FaceTime is now what I'm going for.

The second screenshot below is the setting for how to turn off FaceTime ringing in settings for macOS Catalina.

For iPad OS the options I have are in sounds where I can pick a Rintone with no option for none, or in FaceTime which has no sound settings apart from 'speaking' that I can see. Where do I go? I'm not finding it.

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 3:05 PM

Hi leland5,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re looking to disable the ringtone for FaceTime on your iPad. We’re happy to provide some information.

As it turns out, this is not currently an option. You can chose to turn off sounds for your iPad with the steps below:

Change or turn off iPad sounds - Apple Support

If you’d like to leave feedback for this feature, you can do so here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 3:05 PM in response to leland5

Hi leland5,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re looking to disable the ringtone for FaceTime on your iPad. We’re happy to provide some information.

As it turns out, this is not currently an option. You can chose to turn off sounds for your iPad with the steps below:

Change or turn off iPad sounds - Apple Support

If you’d like to leave feedback for this feature, you can do so here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Take care.

Turn off FaceTime ringtone on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.