Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing FaceTime audio via Bluetooth Sonos speaker

I’ve recently connected a Sonos Roam speaker with my iPad (iPadOS 15.3).

I can get sound out of the speaker while playing videos (YouTube etc) but I can’t configure FaceTime to play output audio through the speaker.

Is this possible to do and if so how do I set it up.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 4:26 AM

Not possible.

Your iPad needs to control “feedback” (experienced as an uncontrolled howl) that may occur when using video conferencing services - such as FaceTime. The iPad needs to apply negative-feedback to reduce or eliminate the effects of feedback howl. The full technical explanation of how this is achieved is beyond the immediate scope of this answer, but suffice to say that your iPad can only suppress the feedback howl when using its built-in microphone and speaker.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 4:26 AM in response to P_27

Not possible.

Your iPad needs to control “feedback” (experienced as an uncontrolled howl) that may occur when using video conferencing services - such as FaceTime. The iPad needs to apply negative-feedback to reduce or eliminate the effects of feedback howl. The full technical explanation of how this is achieved is beyond the immediate scope of this answer, but suffice to say that your iPad can only suppress the feedback howl when using its built-in microphone and speaker.

Playing FaceTime audio via Bluetooth Sonos speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.