Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPadOS 14 FaceTime audio

I have an iPad Air 3 on the latest OS. I have problems with the low audio level when using FaceTime. It is on the maximum volume but is nowhere near as loud as when playing music. I have a Bose Mini Soundlink Bluetooth speaker I use to play music from the iPad and which I have tried to use when on FaceTime without success. Is there anyway of making this work?

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 12:31 PM

Hello Heathwaite,

We understand that you're having some issues with the volume on your iPad while on FaceTime calls.

Let's have you do the following to see if it helps.

1. Open Settings > Sounds. Move the Ringer & Alerts slider to raise the volume.
  2. Restart your iPad
  3. Open an app with music or sound effect. While that app is running, turn the volume up.
  4. Make sure Bluetooth is disabled in Settings > Bluetooth.
  5. Test using a headset or earphones.
  6. Remove any cases or covers.
  7. Clean the iPad: How to clean your Apple products

If the issue continues, please contact support: Get Support

Have a great rest of your day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2020 12:31 PM in response to Heathwaite

Hello Heathwaite,

We understand that you're having some issues with the volume on your iPad while on FaceTime calls.

Let's have you do the following to see if it helps.

1. Open Settings > Sounds. Move the Ringer & Alerts slider to raise the volume.
  2. Restart your iPad
  3. Open an app with music or sound effect. While that app is running, turn the volume up.
  4. Make sure Bluetooth is disabled in Settings > Bluetooth.
  5. Test using a headset or earphones.
  6. Remove any cases or covers.
  7. Clean the iPad: How to clean your Apple products

If the issue continues, please contact support: Get Support

Have a great rest of your day!

iPadOS 14 FaceTime audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.