Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use Iphone Bluetooth to connect to facetime on Mac Pro Big Sur

Hope you can help,

We as a family have been removing as many signals as possible from our personal environment.

This means that bluetooth is now the preferred local connection.

Is there a way to make facetime audio calls.

I can connect to my iphone via bluetooth but are unable to use facetime without wifi.

I'm hoping that this is possible, as its important for us to utilise the only connection available.

Many thanks in advance ;)

Ro

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 9:26 AM

Howdy RoMo1111,

We see that you're asking if Bluetooth can be used for FaceTime, and we'd be glad to provide some information on this.

With using FaceTime, you would need either Wi-Fi or a cellular data connection to initiate and stay on a call. For additional information on this, you can check out the following resource:

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps to answer the question that you had.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2021 9:26 AM in response to RoMo1111

Howdy RoMo1111,

We see that you're asking if Bluetooth can be used for FaceTime, and we'd be glad to provide some information on this.

With using FaceTime, you would need either Wi-Fi or a cellular data connection to initiate and stay on a call. For additional information on this, you can check out the following resource:

Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps to answer the question that you had.

Cheers!

Use Iphone Bluetooth to connect to facetime on Mac Pro Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.