Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone disabled. "Connect iTunes"

iphone is disabled and says connect iTunes. It's brand new and has never been synced with a computer. How can I fix this and will plugging it into a MacBook help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:34 PM

The9thhour wrote:
iphone is disabled and says connect iTunes. It's brand new and has never been synced with a computer. How can I fix this and will plugging it into a MacBook help

Yes, "plugging it into a MacBook," is the only way to fix that problem: If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

"You need a computer to follow the steps below. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider."

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2020 9:34 PM in response to The9thhour

The9thhour wrote:

Yes, "plugging it into a MacBook," is the only way to fix that problem: If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

"You need a computer to follow the steps below. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider."

Sep 15, 2020 12:09 AM in response to The9thhour

The9thhour Said:

"iPhone disabled. 'Connect iTunes' iphone is disabled and says connect iTunes. It's brand new and has never been synced with a computer. How can I fix this and will plugging it into a MacBook help"

-------

Please Define "Brand New":

• If a Used Phone that is New to You:

Is this an iPhone that is new to you and someone has owned in the past? If so, then you need to have the pervious wonder have this re-enabled. Elsewise it is useless to you. Take this as a learning experience. The next time you purchase an Apple item in a personal sale. Request that the owner logs them selves out of it, and that you move forward and log yourself into it. IF the seller chooses to dis-abide by those terms you've set forth, then do not proceed with the purchase.

• If You Purchased this from Apple:

If so, then contact Apple Support - you'd likely need to take it to a local Apple Store along with the original proof of purchase and a photo ID, to prove that it is officially yours.

Contact Apple Support.

They’ll know why this occurred and will run you right through the fix.

iPhone disabled. "Connect iTunes"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.