Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Update Numbers, Pages, Keynote and GarageBand on new iMac

I recently upgraded/purchased a new iMac 27inch that came loaded with Pages, Numbers, Keynote and Garage Band. The App Store is telling me there are updates to these however when I try to update them I get a dialog box saying they "cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID."

I was able to transfer my files off my old 2009 iMac. I use Microsoft office 365 on this new machine so I'm not really concerned with the needed updates. However I would like to remove the "4" alert over the App Store icon in my task bar. I've tried resetting all warnings for buying and downloading but to no avail.

I'll take the upgrades if I can get them since I do have these apps on the new machine, but I can't get anywhere either way so far.

Any help is much appreciated, Thank you.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 9:22 PM

Click here and follow the instructions. If you can't accept them into your Apple ID and didn't customize your order with paid preloaded applications, delete and redownload them.

You're also likely to run into this with iMovie.

(184018)

Similar questions

2 replies

Cannot Update Numbers, Pages, Keynote and GarageBand on new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.