Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store won't upgrade Pages/Numbers with High Sierra

Hi, I recently upgraded to High Sierra on my old mid-2011 21" iMac (20G RAM). I'm unable to upgrade Pages (from Version 7.1), Numbers (from V 3.2.2), or Keynote (from V 6.22). When I try to download the last compatible update for any of these Apple apps via the App Store from the dialogue box below, it spins a wheel for a second, and then just pops up the same dialogue box again. And again, and again, in an endless loop.

I cannot get beyond this. I can not download the latest compatible version. On my more modern Macbook Pro, I also have High Sierra installed, and it has more updated versions of these apps. This means I can't edit any files from the imac that have been saved on the macbook, which is annoying. Trying to update via the purchases tab does the exact same thing. Any pointers on where I can find the last compatible version for High Sierra, what I'm doing wrong, or how to get around this glitch?

Thanks, Tim

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 17, 2022 1:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 10:54 PM

Tried searching Apple Downloads for iWork for High Sierra .. and up came a few versions for download.

Apple - Support - Downloads

You may be able to update from the versions you have ...

Wondering if you know the correct version number you need

Similar questions

6 replies

May 18, 2022 9:07 AM in response to Zarathustra7

Your Pages, Numbers, and Keynote versions are incompatible with High Sierra which required higher version numbers of these applications for High Sierra compatibility, and in order to fulfill their updates.

One thing you might try is to either have these applications backed up on a current Time Machine backup, or copy them to a USB Stick. In either case, move them to the Trash afterward. Then, I believe as long as you are signed into the Mac App Store with the same Apple ID as you used to previously install these applications, that clicking Update on each of these applications in the Purchases tab should then install Pages v8.1, Numbers v6.1, and Keynote v9.1, the last updates for High Sierra.

May 20, 2022 1:41 AM in response to VikingOSX

Aha! That worked... for both pages and numbers! For some reason, Keynote still won't re-install, same exact error as my original post above, but now with application moved to trash. App Store doesn't recognize that Keynote is not longer there, but it did with the other two. TBH, I hardly ever use Keynote, so it's not the end of the world. The other two I use all the time, so thanks. :)

App Store won't upgrade Pages/Numbers with High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.