Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After a major crash a year ago and taking several steps to bringing my Unibody MBP 2011 back to life running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Hi

Obviously I want to get Pages and other excellent Apple apps up to date especially the iWork apps and happily the Apple site reassures me that while the current app is for Big Sur..... an older version for my Mac OS is available.

...but I then get an auto and repeated message saying I can download an older version but the download button simply reloads, displays and repeats the same message multiple times.

How can I get iTunes, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Photos and other Apple apps up to date for use with 10.13.6?

Thanks

Colin

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 25, 2021 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 4:14 AM

Unless you are running macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, the current Pages, Numbers, and Keynote in the Mac App Store will not install on older operating systems. Photos is only updated via an operating system upgrade. You can download iTunes 12.8 for High Sierra, or Mojave.

If you had versions of Pages, Numbers, or Keynote already installed and where the versions are initially compatible with High Sierra, then the Mac App Store would inform you that it could not install the current App Store versions but would offer to update your existing versions of these applications to the last version of each that is supported on High Sierra. Since you didn't mention that, I suspect you don't have any installed, or they are too old for initial High Sierra compatibility.

At this point, you can sign in to iCloud and use Pages for iCloud as other avenues are not open to you.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 4:14 AM in response to ColinY

Unless you are running macOS Catalina or macOS Big Sur, the current Pages, Numbers, and Keynote in the Mac App Store will not install on older operating systems. Photos is only updated via an operating system upgrade. You can download iTunes 12.8 for High Sierra, or Mojave.

If you had versions of Pages, Numbers, or Keynote already installed and where the versions are initially compatible with High Sierra, then the Mac App Store would inform you that it could not install the current App Store versions but would offer to update your existing versions of these applications to the last version of each that is supported on High Sierra. Since you didn't mention that, I suspect you don't have any installed, or they are too old for initial High Sierra compatibility.

At this point, you can sign in to iCloud and use Pages for iCloud as other avenues are not open to you.

After a major crash a year ago and taking several steps to bringing my Unibody MBP 2011 back to life running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.