Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't update to Big Sur because my iMac is late 2013. After updating to Catalina 10.15.7 I have a lot of apps that won't work. They say to update them in the app store but app store says it has to be 11.0. I can't uses pages, numbers, word, keynote

After I updated to Catalina my apps won't work, like pages, numbers, keynote and HP apps. It says it's not supported but when I go to app store to update it, it says you have to have 11 and mine is only 10.15.7. What can I do?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 4, 2021 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 7:45 PM

Can you delete the apps then reinstall them? It should say ‘this version of (app name) is not compatible with your version of macOS. Would you like to download the latest compatible version?’ Try doing that and see if they download a version that works with Catalina. If that doesn’t work, it is possible to downgrade to macOS Mojave if you need to get those apps working.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2021 7:45 PM in response to Obi915

Can you delete the apps then reinstall them? It should say ‘this version of (app name) is not compatible with your version of macOS. Would you like to download the latest compatible version?’ Try doing that and see if they download a version that works with Catalina. If that doesn’t work, it is possible to downgrade to macOS Mojave if you need to get those apps working.

Oct 5, 2021 4:48 AM in response to Obi915

Hi, I have a similar frustrating problem. I cannot run 11 Big Sur on this Mac Book Pro Unibody 2011 , neither can I update the iWork apps I have despite the update option saying I can update to the last version for my OS but after 20 clicks it keeps saying the same. There must be a source that allows High Sierra users to update above Numbers v. 3.6.2? But where is it? Someone must know.

Your iMac is a year younger than mine but is it fully compatible with Catalina? What spec is your iMac? Click about this Mac top left of screen and tell me what it says and I will see what I can t ell you. It seems odd that none of your apps work :-(

Colin

I can't update to Big Sur because my iMac is late 2013. After updating to Catalina 10.15.7 I have a lot of apps that won't work. They say to update them in the app store but app store says it has to be 11.0. I can't uses pages, numbers, word, keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.