Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook overheating.... No actual solution but move on from it?

I just wanted to ask community one last time before move on from this mac...

(2018 13inch, quad core i5)

My mac temp hits 100 to 105 with just watching youtube on chrome (i dont use any extension...) and left mail app on to check emails.

I just wanted to check last update about Macbook Pro 13 Heating issue before move on from this Hot Metal.

I been using third party app (Mac Fan Control to run full blast to keep it between 60 to 75 degree...... If not just leaving it on will reach 100+ degree.

Apple Store said its normal for Macbook to reach high temp.....

How many of you are on the a Notebook computer that you can feel burning hot when you are typing.

(I know heat issues is subjective but... tasks that can be handled by mobile cause system to reach 100+ degree no longer considered subjective)

Yes, i did all nvram crap, reinstall os,,, check this and that....

none of it worked... Only solution is buy a this third party app to constantly run fan @ 100 percent.

Video editing is not suitable on this system... even 100 % on fan it reach 98 to 107+.....

Long story short.....So officially there are no solution to it right?

Just want to end my search to this solution and move on ....

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 7:10 AM

If your Mac does not spontaneously shut down due to excessive temperature, then it is not overheating.

Using clever third party hacks to circumvent a Mac's thermal management system is inappropriate and will accelerate hardware failure. Uninstall "Mac Fan Control" according to its instructions.

See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature and fan activity - Apple Support

About fans and fan noise in your Apple product - Apple Support

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 7:10 AM in response to jkpdx

If your Mac does not spontaneously shut down due to excessive temperature, then it is not overheating.

Using clever third party hacks to circumvent a Mac's thermal management system is inappropriate and will accelerate hardware failure. Uninstall "Mac Fan Control" according to its instructions.

See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature and fan activity - Apple Support

About fans and fan noise in your Apple product - Apple Support

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Sep 15, 2020 6:15 AM in response to jkpdx

Chrome is a resource hog but should not push your temps to 100 °C. I presume you mean °C, if you mean 100 °F that's actually almost 'cold' for a CPU/GPU.

You say all you're running is Chrome and Mail, but that might not be all your Mac is doing. Have you checked Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor to see if there are other processes running in the background that are using substantial CPU capacity?

macbook overheating.... No actual solution but move on from it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.