Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad wont pair with iphone

Any one know how to help, I have gone through all online guidance and now the only advice is contact Apple support. I think the problem started with the recent system update. I have tried disconnecting and resetting both devices, each device recognises the other but just get connection failed message on trying to pair.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 12:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 2:21 AM

I presume from your description that you might be attempting to pair via Bluetooth? If so, I am perplexed as to what, precisely, you are attempting to achieve. Perhaps you could provide more details as to what you’re trying to accomplish.

If you are attempting to access an iPhone [or other mobile phone] wireless hotspot, the connection is both easier and more efficient using WiFi. If used with an iPhone, after initial hotspot setup, iPad can automatically manage its connect to the WiFi hotspot:

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 2:21 AM in response to Towserjak

I presume from your description that you might be attempting to pair via Bluetooth? If so, I am perplexed as to what, precisely, you are attempting to achieve. Perhaps you could provide more details as to what you’re trying to accomplish.

If you are attempting to access an iPhone [or other mobile phone] wireless hotspot, the connection is both easier and more efficient using WiFi. If used with an iPhone, after initial hotspot setup, iPad can automatically manage its connect to the WiFi hotspot:

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

ipad wont pair with iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.