Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID

I received an email saying that my ID has been locked for security reasons however I am not sure if this is legit or not as the email address it came from is- Iyp7hVZ0fsvF13k-Iyp7hVZ0fsvF13kS@Iyp7hVZ0-43170567.petsmemorials.uk

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 4:54 AM

Well, what do you think??? Do you really think that Apple will send you an important email from Pet Memorials instead of Apple? Of course not.

Seriously, Apple will never, ever send anyone any unsolicited email, phone call, SMS, browser pop-up, or anything else. Apple will always use proper spelling and grammar ("Why you received this email ?", "Ireland.?"). Apple will always address you by the name you used in originating your communications with them, like when they send you a shipping information update or a service information update in response to you having started that communication.

If you still have the email, kindly forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you have already deleted the email, don't worry about it. Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 4:54 AM in response to McK92

Well, what do you think??? Do you really think that Apple will send you an important email from Pet Memorials instead of Apple? Of course not.

Seriously, Apple will never, ever send anyone any unsolicited email, phone call, SMS, browser pop-up, or anything else. Apple will always use proper spelling and grammar ("Why you received this email ?", "Ireland.?"). Apple will always address you by the name you used in originating your communications with them, like when they send you a shipping information update or a service information update in response to you having started that communication.

If you still have the email, kindly forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you have already deleted the email, don't worry about it. Cheers.

Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.