Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie transfer video from iPhone 11

iMovie only finds stills from Photos. Not videos. How do I change that?

I currently have 16 photos and 2 video clips in Photos. When I open iMovie, it only shows me the 16 photos not the video clips.

How do I get iMovie to show me my video clips that are in Photos?

If it won't ever show me my video clips directly from Photos like it should then how do I get them there?

My videos were taken on my iPhone 11 and they automatically transferred to Photos.

Why are the videos not compatible with iMove when the photos are?

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 9:31 AM

What operating system version and iMovie version are you using?

In iMovie, from the Photos item in the media sidebar you can select to display only photos, only videos, or "All". Perhaps you have only Photos selected. If so, change it to "All" from the dropdown menu.

If the above doesn't solve it, then try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if your videos are revealed.

-- Rich

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 9:31 AM in response to Brendadiver

What operating system version and iMovie version are you using?

In iMovie, from the Photos item in the media sidebar you can select to display only photos, only videos, or "All". Perhaps you have only Photos selected. If so, change it to "All" from the dropdown menu.

If the above doesn't solve it, then try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects. Now see if your videos are revealed.

-- Rich

Imovie transfer video from iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.