Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Mislabeled Music - fix

Hi - I recently discovered that somehow 100's of songs in my library got mislabeled (they're all listed as the same artist and album). I'm trying to figure out how to rename them. It's going to be hours of work to fix each song manually, so i'm hoping there's another way to do it.

I don't know when it happened, and I don't have a time machine backup I can use (drive recently failed and I just started a new one). Is there any way to have Music check the metadata and fix it? In many cases the album art is correct.

Thanks for any help fixing this disaster!

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 9:04 AM

The only way I know is to select all the songs you want to change and then right click to "get info". Make the edits you want and it will apply to along the selected songs. Obviously will only work if it's the same artist or album your are trying to correct but it's better than doing one at a time.

Similar questions

2 replies

Music Mislabeled Music - fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.