Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my old messages to my new iPhone from my iCloud

I jus need help with that

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 4:45 PM

If you synced your old messages to iCloud (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - Messages ON) just turn on the same switch on the new phone.

If the messages were included in an iCloud backup you will have to restore the backup to the new phone, which will overwrite everything on the new phone with the contents of the most recent backup of the old phone, including messages.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2020 4:45 PM in response to nene210

If you synced your old messages to iCloud (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - Messages ON) just turn on the same switch on the new phone.

If the messages were included in an iCloud backup you will have to restore the backup to the new phone, which will overwrite everything on the new phone with the contents of the most recent backup of the old phone, including messages.

How can I get my old messages to my new iPhone from my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.