Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ok so i have purchsed an iphone and i cant get past the activation lock and the owner dont know is there a way i can reset it becaise i really need it

ok so i have purchsed an iphone and i cant get past the activation lock and the owner dont know is there a way i can reset it becaise i really need it

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 7:38 PM

If the owner isn’t willing to deal with it, then no. You’ll never be able to activate and use that device yourself. Tell them to give you your money back.

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

2 replies

Sep 16, 2020 12:52 AM in response to Triplejacks76

Hi, the owner should know the Apple ID & password linked to the iPhone. If the owner forgot the password for their Apple ID, they can reset it on their other Apple devices or on iforgot.apple.com. Check this link: If you forgot your Apple ID password

The owner can also remove the iPhone from their iCloud account. Go to iCloud.com, have the owner sign in with their Apple ID & password, tap on "Find iPhone" > tap "All Devices" at the top & select the iPhone on the list & tap on "Remove from Account". Check this: Turn off Activation Lock

Get the original receipt/invoice of the iPhone from the owner or request a copy of it from the store where the phone was purchased & call Apple Support so they can assist you in removing the Apple ID from the iPhone. Check this: Contact Apple for support and service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.