Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

When i photograph i use raw images (RAF - Fujifilm). I love Apple photos but it won't allow raw images to be shown/edited. I use Luminar 4 as an extension and the only way at the moment is to use Adobe Lightroom Classic to edit these raw images. This is cumbersome to be honest as you have to download the photos to Lightroom and then export to LR Classic before you can edit......total pain in my behind TBH.

Any advice on how i could use Apple Photos with raw imaging format????

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 7:11 AM

Photos for Mac is able to edit RAW images, but only for supported camera models. The Raw support depends on the system version and the camera model. Which system version is installed on your Mac and which Fuji Camera are you using?

Photos 5 on Catalina supports these cameras: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 13, iPadOS 13 and macOS Catalina – Apple Support

Since your camera seems to be supported by Adobe RAW, you could use the Adobe DNG Converter to convert the RAF files to DNG files, before you import the new photos to Photos.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2020 7:11 AM in response to Lew1960

Photos for Mac is able to edit RAW images, but only for supported camera models. The Raw support depends on the system version and the camera model. Which system version is installed on your Mac and which Fuji Camera are you using?

Photos 5 on Catalina supports these cameras: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 13, iPadOS 13 and macOS Catalina – Apple Support

Since your camera seems to be supported by Adobe RAW, you could use the Adobe DNG Converter to convert the RAF files to DNG files, before you import the new photos to Photos.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.